“It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it." This February ready your argumentative skills and convincing powers as Verba Maximus brings to you the ultimate debate competition: an exhilarating event full of fierce arguments and popular topics . Present your cases skillfully and engage in fiery rebuttals to sway the public opinion in your favour and experience the adrenaline rush as you take on this electrifying debate.
Rules of Procedure:
The debate will be conducted in a 1 on 1-format, its rules being as follows:
- 2 minutes for a speech followed by 1 minute for rebuttal.
- 3 minutes for a speech followed by 1 minute for rebuttal.
- A further 15 seconds will be given to frame a question for your opponent.
- 1 minute will be given to your opponent to answer the question and vice-versa.
SEMI-FINALS and FINALS:
- 3 minutes for a speech followed by 2 minutes for rebuttal.
- 2 more minutes will be given to each contestant to question his or her opponent and the opponent has to respond.
- The opponent can choose to cross-question as well.