A group of participants are made to discuss on a topic or subject for a limited time and assessed accordingly. It is a chance for you to be more vocal. It evaluates how an individual can function as part of a team.
Students can take on various roles during the discussion:
- The initiator: One who initiates the discussion? It is crucial to give the right direction to the group discussion. The person who starts the group discussion should be very sure of his understanding of the topic.
- Moderator: Who keeps the group in track to reach a conclusion and makes sure there is little to no deviation in the discussion from the topic.
- Facilitator: The one who keeps the flow of the discussion on and maintains a balance in participation of speakers. Makes sure nobody refrains from speaking and nobody is too aggressive either. Can even cross question arguments.
- Summarizer: Every so often this student provides a brief summary of the discussion for others to amend or approve.
- Elaborator: This individual seeks a connection between the ongoing discussion and the previous sub discussions or the overall theme.
- Flow Of Thoughts
- Body Language
- Ability to direct the group
- Speech, pronunciation and fluency
- Persuasive Skills
- Team Building and Cooperation Skills
- Attitude And Confidence